Author: Bonifacio de’ Pitati
Church: Church of Sant’Alvise
DATE: XVI century
POSITION: left wall (on map n°15)
METHOD: oil painting
The four panels, located along the left wall, formed the organ doors realised by Vincenzo Colombo before 1547. They were attributed to the School of Bonifacio de’ Pitati and represent Saint Ludovico from Tolosa (Saint Alvise) and Saint Augustine, which appeared while the organ was closed, while it was open it revealed the Annunciation.
The Four Evangelists and the Adoration of the Magi that adorned the choir parapet have, on the other hand, been lost.