Author: Paolo Piazza
POSITION: opposite of the façade (on the map n° 1)
MEASUREMENT: 5×9 m
METHOD: oil painting (monochrome)
This monochromatic work executed by Capuchin Paolo Piazza, celebrates the Serenissima Republic, which commissioned the construction of the church.
It forms, together with the lower lunette, a double agenda: the Capuchin monastic celebration and Venice.
The latter, as noted by the inscription between the two paintings, donated the temple to the city 4th September 1576, as an offering for the liberation from the plague. The pictorial project represented on the façade’s opposite side, finds its corresponding sculptural counterpart on the facade.