Author: Pietro Muttoni known as Pietro della Vecchia
DATE: XVII century
POSITION: opposite of the façade (n° 2 on the map)
METHOD: oil painting
The work executed by Pietro Muttoni known as della Vecchia, celebrates the Capuchin order throughout the glorification of one of their saints.
It forms, together with the higher lunette, a double agenda: the Capuchin monastic celebration and Venice. The latter, as noted by the inscription between the two paintings, donated the temple to the city 4th September 1576, as an offering for the liberation from the plague. The pictorial project represented on the façade’s opposite side, finds its corresponding sculptural counterpart on the facade.