Author: Luca Della Robbia
Church: Church of San Giobbe
DATE: 1475 ca.
POSITION: second chapel on the left – Martini chapel (n° 21 on the map)
MATERIAL: terra-cotta picture window
The large semicircular dome that overlooks the presbytery is decorated with the image of Eternal Father in the center; in the four corners the Four Evangelists are depicted in bas relief (n° 15 on the map). The entire sculptural group is attributed to Pietro Lombardo, however more recent studies credit the works of Saints Luke and Matthew respectively to Antonio and Tullio, the sculptor’s sons.