Author: Pietro Lombardi
Church: Church of San Giobbe
POSITION: apse – left of the triumphant arch – (n° 15 on the map)
The triumphant arch, leading to the presbytery, is held up by two square pillars and decorated in a classical floral pattern, typical from the XV century. On the top, the broad arch is flanked by two sculptures: the Proclaimed Virgin Mary on the left and the Announciation Angel on the right. The inner side of the arch is, on the other hand, decorated with bas relief sections that depict the images of The Prophets.
The structure in general is attributed to Pietro Lombardo, during his intervention on Saint Giobbe, in 1470.