Author: School of Paolo Caliari known as il Veronese
DATE: XVI century
POSITION: second altar on the right
METHOD: oil painting
The work was commissioned by the Provveditori della Fabbrica to Paolo Veronese, who accepted and started the piece in 1580. The death of the painter that same year caused the painting to be completed by his children Carlo and Gabriele, who signed it in the lower center: “Heredes Pauli Caliari Vero faciebant”.