Author: Giuseppe Vicenza
POSITION: presbytery (on map n° 7)
MATERIAL: marble, bronze
The altar project was conceived by the Capuchin Friar P. Giuseppe of Vicenza.
The work was renewed between the years 1680-1682 and it involved the restoration of the tabernacle, however they salvaged the decorative elements made by Girolamo Campagna during the late sixteenth-century.
Stringa’s documentary sources reveal the classical characteristics of the altar and establish its presence before the Baroque intervention.