AUTHOR: Lorenzo Gramiccia
CHURCH: Church of San Giacomo dall’Orio
POSITION: left apse chapel – altar (on map n°22)
METHOD: painting on panel
The left apse chapel, also known as the Addolorata, was espanded between 1621-1624 by the Contin brothers Antonio and Francesco, on behalf of the School of the Annunciata.
The erection of the baroque altar is attributed to possible the same architects during the same time period.
Alternatively, the Addolorata altarpiece is by Roman Lorenzo Gramoccia, dated in 1770.